Monday, February 22, 2010

WOW That is all I can say...

I want to preface this by saying I don’t get much adult tv time. So watching the Winter Olympics is not my top priority. I had heard about the fuss it was making on the radio but I did not believe the hype until I watched their dance. I had to watch this twice. That is how unbelievable I found it. Yes, I am talking about this year’s ice dance competition. The theme of this year’s skating dance was to represent a country’s style weather it was your country or another. Russia decided to do an Australian Aboriginal dance. I had to look up what a traditional Aboriginal dace was, as the only one I have seen was on Crocodile Dundee. I could not believe how these two people could stereo type a culture like they did. They said they “researched” the dance before they put it together. Whoever did their research needs to be fired! They pretty much make a mockery of the Aborigine culture. I was completely floored. If you have not seen it watch it here.

1 comment:

  1. Ouch. That was pretty bad.

    Thanks for stopping by for some Stir-Fry. I'm your newest follower.

    ReplyDelete